Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Exit 94

I don’t know about you, but I am pretty damn happy right now. Why?

Not because of the ever growing pile of work I have to complete by next week. I don’t want to effing talk about that.

But we can talk about my new love. Exit 94. For the past 11 months that I have lived in Ankeny, I have had to drive through town 10 minutes to get to the highway. This is usually fine unless everyone is heading to work or school, coming home or if I’m late.

BUT NOW…. NO MORE! They have finally finished the new exit just a few blocks from my apartment! Apparently Santa was listening.

It’s shiny and new and I’ve been waiting for it so long I just can’t describe eke excitement about it. It’s the best damn thing. Now my friends have no excuse to not come and visit because it takes 10 less minutes to get here from Des Moines and you can take the highways from Ames.

I don’t want to tell you this new interchange has made my entire life better but it pretty much has. Did I mention the new gas station and other building that looks like it could be a fast food place? Seriously all we have up by my apartment is a Casey’s and the Fareway unless you drive like half a mile so this is huge for us.

The next two weeks are going to be hell for me but I promise I will return. Pinky promise. Until then take satisfaction in knowing each day my commute is glorious thanks to exit 94.

~Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment